BREAKING NEWS

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I've never planned anything in my life: Shriya


After a dud like Pista, Shriya Saran is banking on another bilingual Mallanna to make a comeback into Tollywood.


Besides sharing screen space with hotshot Vikram, she is all charged up about unveiling her dark side in this big budget extravaganza. “It’s not an entirely negative role but has a few grey shades to it,” she clarifies. Wasn’t she apprehensive about her new avatar? “Of course, I had my own doubts, but gradually my apprehensions faded away as the role shaped up quite convincingly,” she reasons. She claims that her happy-go-lucky role will change the outlook of modern-day girls towards vital issues in our society.

Interestingly, she oozes lots of oomph in Pista and Mallanna, suggesting that the actress is bent on reestablishing her hottie image. Is she wary of teen glam divas? “Not at all, since the script determines the look of a role and not vice versa and besides I am comfortably placed,” she shoots back. On the other hand, she praises the concept of bilingual films as the stars can reach out to fans of two language groups at one go. “It’s a great idea to cover fans in two states,” she quips. Will her fascination for bilinguals keep her away from Telugu films, “I have got plenty of offers but I am waiting for the right one,” she clarifies.

No wonder the actress is flooded with Tollywood offers. For a couple of years she ruled the roost with Tollywood biggies like Chiranjeevi, Nagarjuna, Pawan Kalyan, Mahesh Babu and also had her share of blockbusters like Tagore, Santhosham and Nenunnanu. She was last seen in an item number with Venkatesh in Tulasi. “A meaty role in a big-ticket film will justify my return,” she avers. However, today she is a top-rung actress in Kollywood with three big banner films in the pipeline. “I am looking forward to my films Kutty and Jaggubai,” she reveals.

However, the famed south star couldn’t make inroads into Bollywood. Even her recent Hindi releases like Mission Istanbul and Ek-The Power of One, bombed badly. Does she regret her Bollywood stint. “I’ve never regretted anything in my life and also I am busy with my Tamil career,” she retorts.

Any plans to bounce back into Bollywood? “I’ve never planned anything in my life as things seem to fall into place,” she says, sounding philosophical. Nevertheless, her Hollywood dreams look promising with an author-backed role in What’s Cooking, Stella? penned by filmmaker Deepa Mehta. “I play a servant maid and the film revolves around me,” she discloses. She had to do lot of homework to get her act right. “We had to do a lot of rehearsals but I loved the method acting pattern,” she opines. She believes that the output would be better, if we rely on method rather than spontaneous acting.

Hasn’t her busy career dampened her personal life? “Like any other girl my age I enjoy my life going pubbing occasionally with my close pals,” she says. She also reads a lot of fiction, indulges in swimming and workouts and the last book she enjoyed reading was Fine Balance. And like the book’s title, has she struck the work-life balance? Alas! She was reluctant to talk about her personal life! “Personal life is strictly personal and not to be shared,” she says firmly as she signs off.

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Tollywood to Bollywood. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates