BREAKING NEWS

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

59 years odl hero want to kiss Vidya too


Remember Paul Newman and Robert Redford as the crooked mentor and protégée respectively in Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid?


Naseeruddin Shah, who turned 59 on Monday, is doing a Newman to Arshad Warsi’s Redford in a remake of the 1969 classic, with both of them wooing Vidya Balan and not knowing whom she really favours.

The veteran actor’s only regret is that in this film, Ishqiya, he did not know Arshad gets to kiss Vidya. “They kept it hidden from me because I would have insisted on one, too,” he laughed.

According to Naseer, “Ishqiya’s the story of two rogues and a charming widow, like Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid in spirit, both of us playing lovable rogues.” The actor, who spent his birthday rehearsing one of his plays, has just returned from abroad and had no time for celebrations. “I’ve postponed all celebrations to next year when I will be 60. Hopefully then I’ll have more time,” said Naseer who seldom takes himself seriously.

“As an actor I’ve tried never to look anxiously at the box office. I was delighted when A Wednesday made such an impact. But I never held my breath for it. Whenever I’ve calculated box office results I’ve failed miserably.”

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Tollywood to Bollywood. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates