BREAKING NEWS

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Simran turns a shade of grey


It was in the turn of last century –, 2000 –, that Simran appeared in a negative role in Parthean Rasithean. Her portrayal as Bhanu is still remembered vividly, possibly in the same league as Ramya Krishnan’,s unforgettable Neelambari character in Padayappa.
Almost a decade later, Simran’,s back in grey territory and this time around, it’,s for her role in Sundar C’,s Aindham Padai. “,I’,m thrilled to play a negative character again,”, she says, “,Though AP is a thorough commercial film, my role is challenging and will be appreciated.”,

So, what’,s her take on the ‘,steamy song’, in the film that has reportedly met with a lot of cuts from the censor board? “,I do not think it’,s a hot number at all. Khusboo and Sundar are reputed artistes in the industry and they would not include a very steamy song in their film.”, She adds, “,When I heard about the cuts, I called Sundar C to clarify. He assured me that there were no major issues and the song was still in the movie. Even if there was a problem with the censors, it must have been due to some of the shots that focussed on the dancers who were behind Sundar and me.”,

AP has also helped the actress explore an area that’,s close to her heart –, dancing. “,I play a bharatanatyam dancer in the film. Dancing is one of my strong points and the film has showcased this to the hilt.”,
That’,s what the melodious Mundhinam... did too in Vaaranam Aayiram. “,I like it when my songs come naturally in the scenario. It makes for better viewing,”, she says.

The actress has shifted base to Mumbai and is chilling out in the bustling city. “,It’,s raining cats and dogs here,”, she states. “,The city is very different from Chennai when it comes to the weather!”,
,
So, what’,s on the cards next? “,I’,m taking time off to decide my next set of films. I rushed into a couple of projects over the last few years and don’,t want to repeat the same mistake.”,

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Tollywood to Bollywood. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates