BREAKING NEWS

Friday, July 23, 2010

I’d like to make a Hindi film: SS Rajamouli

Ace filmmaker S S Rajamouli known for his blockbusters Yamadonga and Maga-dheera took T-town by surprise with his comic caper with funny man Sunil in the lead.

Many felt that for a filmmaker known for his big-budget extravaganzas, doing the small budget comedy Maryada Ramanna,without a big star in the lead was a big professional gamble. But Rajamouli dares to be different. “I don’t believe in this big film/small film business. The numbers game is very transient. I like to make films of my choice. For me commercial success is the key,” he quips and adds that for him the film is as “an opportunity to experiment and this light-hearted entertainer is like a break”.

On talk about Magadheera being remade in Hindi, he says, “Hrithik (Roshan) was not interested since he had already done Jodhaa Akbar. I’d like to make my B-town debut, but only on my terms and not just for the sake of it,” he says firmly.

Meanwhile, he’s expanding his horizons doing Telugu-Tamil bilinguals. “My films demand more budgets and a bilingual is a good option,” he opines. Will his next be with Mahesh Babu? “My next one will be a lavish film but right now I am obsessed with Maryada Ramanna,” he says on as a parting note. 

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Tollywood to Bollywood. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates