BREAKING NEWS

Monday, August 10, 2009

Talk With 'Panchadara Bomma' Singer Anuj

‘Panchadara Bomma’ song from Magadheera is a sensation now. It has been rolling on the lips of every film lover these days. And it is worth knowing about the singer who rendered that song. He happens to be Anuj Gurwara and he shares his feelings exclusively to greatandhra.com this way. His words are as sweet as ‘panchadaara………’!!!!

What is your native place? What’s your mother tongue? Did you understand the lyrics of ‘Panchadara Bomma’ in Telugu?
I’m basically North Indian by family.. but been in Hyderabad all my life. I belong to Hyderabad more than any other place. I speak Hindi at home and I’m slightly familiar with the Telugu. I did not get a chance to learn it fluently because my peer group was always Hindi/English speaking.

The lyrics of the song were definitely explained to me when I was recording the song so that I could understand the correct feel of the words.

Say about your childhood, education and family.
My childhood has largely been very exciting and full of opportunities. My parents always encouraged me to do what I enjoyed doing. Right from an early age, I had an interest in music, so they kept me updated with cassettes and music players. I grew up listening to various kinds of singers and music.

I did my schooling at Sherwood Public School, Secunderabad, from Nursery to XII. Even in school, I was always encouraged to be on stage in skits, drama, singing, etc.. I showed interest in the creative field and I was allowed to pursue my interest. I was ok at academics, not a great student, but I loved to be in the creative arts.

My parents are teachers and it is only because of them that I have been able to pursue my interests and achieve my dreams.

Is there anybody in your family or ancestors from film background?
No. There is nobody from my family who has any connection with the film industry. I am the first one to have acted and sung in films.

How did you get the chance to sing on Mega project ‘Magadheera’?
I got in touch with Keeravani sir and requested him to test my voice. I am not classically trained, but I knew I could sing well. So, I wanted to test how good my voice is, just for experience and improvement. He called me to the studio and did a demo. I guess he liked my voice because soon after, he called me to record this song that has changed my life!

Did you ever think that ‘Panchadara Bomma’ will be such a successful number?
I loved the song even while I was recording it. I knew it would do well, but I had no idea it would go on to be such a hit number. All thanks to Keeravani sir. I enjoyed the process of recording it and I’m happy with that. Everything else is a bonus.

How are your experiences with Keeravani?
Keeravani sir is an example of humility, low profile combined with greatness and talent. There is so much to learn from him. He has been a blessing for me and I am indebted to him for life.

What’s your background in music?
I have not trained in any form of classical music. Although that is one thing I definitely intend to do. I have trained myself listening to a wide range of music. I’ve grown up listening to lots of different singers and have practiced along with them. I keep practicing until I get the right note and tune. Music is a habit.

How did you enter into film industry as playback singer? And how many songs you sang so far?
It is all due to Keeravani sir that I am a Playback Singer today. He gave me such a wonderful song and showed confidence in my ability to sing it well. After Panchadara, I have sung a couple of songs for forthcoming Telugu films… one for Mr Selvaganesh and another for Mr Sunil Kashyap. Both songs have been extremely enjoyable and I’m looking forward to their release.

Who is your favorite singer and whom you take as role model?
My favorite singers are the legendary Kishore Kumar, Michael Jackson and Jagjit Singh. I have been inspired by their voice and style of singing.

What is the best compliment you received so far for the song ‘Panchadara Bomma’?
All compliments have been really sweet and kind. I have received a lot of positive response from all over the world for the song. One of the best compliments I received was when one person told me that I have the potential to become the voice for Ram Charan Teja. It was a good compliment and I hope for the best.

What’s your goal 5 years down the line?
I just want to enjoy doing what I do. That’s all. I don’t know the future. All I can do is put in my best and keep doing what I love to do. With the blessings of my family, friends and well-wishers, I hope to continue doing good work and singing all the way!

Source: Greatandhra

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Tollywood to Bollywood. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates